April is Autism Awareness Month
There will be several events in our community within the next two weeks to bring attention to this spectrum disorder.
1. Two of our town councils will consider and recognize Autism Awareness Month through proclamations.
* Tues, April 5, 2016 - Woodstock Town Council Meeting, 7:30 p.m.
* Tues., April 12, 2016 - Strasburg Town Council Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
2. The Message Board (near Sheetz and the RR tracks) will run a message that "April is Autism Awareness Month" during the month of April.
3. The Shenandoah County School Board will hear a brief presentation at their Thursday, April 14 meeting which begins at 7pm.
4. While not specific to Autism, the Competent Learner Model (CLM) curriculum is used throughout our division schools K-12. There will be a presentation during the Wednesday, April 13, 2016, Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) on this instructional approach. SEAC meets at 5:30 p.m. in the SCPS Training Room on the 13th for this presentation.