Earned at one day per contracted month:
- 10 months - 10 days per year
- 11 months - 11 days per year
- 12 months - 12 days per year
- Unused sick leave accumulates with no maximum accumulation. Sick leave bank is available for extended circumstances.
- Persons retiring from the Shenandoah County Public School System under the provision of the VRS are paid for accumulated sick leave days at the rate of one-half the degree substitute teacher pay.
- Part-time sick leave days are not cumulative from one contract year to the next.
The Shenandoah County Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. Specific concerns or allegations by students, employees or others may be referred to Dr. Mark A. Johnston, Director of Human Resources, or Evelyn Linaburg, Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum, Instruction and Administration. Concerns related to disabilities may be referred to Ms. Gina Stetter, Section 504 Coordinator.
600 N. Main Street, Suite 200
Woodstock, VA 22664