Digital Citizenship Resources
(If you have a question about any of these resources, please contact Tim Taylor or the SCPS Technology Department at 459-6709)
We are a partner with The Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- Microsoft Security
- Safe Teens
- Safe Search Kids
- Common Sense Education Digital Citizenship
- Cyber Safety - Internet Safety Tips
- Center for Cyber Safety and Education
- Compare Antivirus Software Reviews
- A Parent’s Guide to Internet Safety
- Internet Safety and CyberSecurity Awareness for Secondary/College Students
- Online Safety Guide for Parents
- Ultimate Parent's Guide to Internet Safety
Resources for teaching Copyright, Creative Commons, and Fair Use.
- The following two videos from Common Craft provide excellent overviews of these topics.
- For a more in-depth look at copyright for educators, watch Dr. Wesley Fryer’s Slideshare on the topic. Eight years after he released it, it’s still one of the best resources on the topic.
- Copyright for Educators from Wesley Fryer
- Anti-bullying PSA from Burger King
- 3 "I"s of Internet Safety for Parents
- Turn your students into web detectives
- Top 5 E-Safety Tips Most Teachers Probably Don't Know
- Google Family Link
- Online Safety Checklist