over 2 years ago
The Mission of Shenandoah County Public Schools is to prepare each student for a future of life-long learning. We believe that:
- The success of Shenandoah County Public Schools rests with how well we prepare our students for the future
- All members of the learning community are valued and respected
- A work environment must encourage and support trust, mutual respect, open communications, and risk taking
- Processes which allow for continuous improvement and problem solving are essential
- The education of all members of the learning community is a shared responsibility.
The Vision of Shenandoah County Public Schools is to be the first choice for education by:
- Producing individuals who have the skills, ability, and attitudes to succeed as productive citizens and develop a mindset of life-time learning
- Demonstrating high standards and expectations for all school personnel
- Maximizing the utilization of school resources
- Fostering goals and values that will be embraced by those whom the school division touches
- Recognizing superior performance
- Comparing favorably with Virginia standards.
Great communities come from great schools; therefore, we believe.....
- All decisions are based on the best interest of our students.
- Meaningful learning occurs only in the presence of meaningful relationships.
- Measures of success are unique and individualized for each learner.
- Continuous growth and improvement is expected for everyone.
- Problem solving is an essential skill.
- An atmosphere of respect must exist.
- The education of our children is an investment of time, labor, and resources in our future.