Positive School Climate and Culture Every student and staff member contributes to a culture of respect and positive relationships. College, Career and Citizenship Readiness Students are empowered and equipped to develop their passion for learning. Family Engagement and Community Connections SCPS engages with parents and community partners to enable students to be emotionally ready to access their learning. Recruit, Support and Retain Enthusiastic Professionals SCPS provides a positive and engaging environment so that staff feels valued, empowered and supported. High Quality and Adequate Facilities and Learning Environments SCPS facilities and learning environments are current, adaptable, flexible, and support collaboration, creativity, rigor and authentic learning.
2 months ago
The Mission of Shenandoah County Public Schools is to prepare each student for a future of life-long learning. We believe that:
- The success of Shenandoah County Public Schools rests with how well we prepare our students for the future
- All members of the learning community are valued and respected
- A work environment must encourage and support trust, mutual respect, open communications, and risk taking
- Processes which allow for continuous improvement and problem solving are essential
- The education of all members of the learning community is a shared responsibility.
The Vision of Shenandoah County Public Schools is to be the first choice for education by:
- Producing individuals who have the skills, ability, and attitudes to succeed as productive citizens and develop a mindset of life-time learning
- Demonstrating high standards and expectations for all school personnel
- Maximizing the utilization of school resources
- Fostering goals and values that will be embraced by those whom the school division touches
- Recognizing superior performance
- Comparing favorably with Virginia standards.
Great communities come from great schools; therefore, we believe.....
- All decisions are based on the best interest of our students.
- Meaningful learning occurs only in the presence of meaningful relationships.
- Measures of success are unique and individualized for each learner.
- Continuous growth and improvement is expected for everyone.
- Problem solving is an essential skill.
- An atmosphere of respect must exist.
- The education of our children is an investment of time, labor, and resources in our future.
The Comprehensive Plan is designed to provide a vision for the future of the Shenandoah County Public Schools. The Comprehensive Plan reflects involvement from various stakeholders including the School Board, Superintendent, staff, principals, teachers, parents, and citizens. This document aligns with the Standards of Quality as outlined in the Code of Virginia. It is rooted in local school board philosophy and is aligned with all division planning documents, specifically the School Board’s approved technology plan.
The Plan is submitted pursuant to § 22.1-253.13:6 of the Code of Virginia. This document is a comprehensive, unified, long range plan based on data collection, analysis, and evaluation. The development process is a continuous cycle involving staff and the community.
The Shenandoah County Public Schools Comprehensive Plan is divided into five different sections including: 1)Culture, Climate, and Community 2)Building from the Start: Infant, Toddler, and Preschool Years 3)Teaching and Learning 4)Leadership and 5)Employee and Organizational Success. The full plan can be viewed in the block below...